|Position:||Head of Operations Research Department|
|Degree:||Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Science|
|Research interests:||random discrete structures; functional limit theorems and laws of the iterated logarithm; nested occupancy schemes in random and non-random environment; iterated perturbed and iterated standard random walks; locally perturbed random walks and a skew stable Lévy process; applications of the renewal theory|
1. Ito prize for the best paper published in Stochastic Processes and their applications in 2021-2022 , 2023.
2. Appreciation note of the Rector of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, 2022.
3. Certificate of Merit given by Deputy Rector of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv for essential personal contribution towards tutoring scientific youth, 2022.
4. Personal research grant by UC Berkeley Economics/Haas in the framework of U4U programme, 2022.
5. Appreciation note of the Rector of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, 2020.
6. Personal research grant funded by Ulam programme, Poland, 2019-2020.
7. Breastplate ‘For the excellence in education’ awarded by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, 2019.
8. Certificate of Merit given by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, 2017.
9. Appreciation note of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, 2016.
10. Taras Shevchenko Prize, 2014.
11. Certificate of Merit given by Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv for excellence in teaching and scientific work, 2014.
12. Personal research grant awarded by the President of Ukraine, 2012.
13. M. M. Bogolyubov’s medal ”For high level of scientific results in mathematics”, 2009.
14. The best teacher of Faculty of Cybernetics, 2005.
15. Since 2003 yearly fellowship grants from European universities (Austria, France, Germany, Great Britain, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Lithuania, Poland) and Xidian University (China).
Cources delivered this year:
1. Applications of Renewal Theory, bachelor, 4th year, lectures.
2. Elements of Renewal Theory, bachelor, 3rd year, lectures.
3. Operations research, bachelor, 2nd year, tutorials.
1. Renewal theory for perturbed random walks and similar processes. Probability and its Applications, Birkhauser, 2016 (monograph).
2. Perpetuities, branching random walk and selfdecomposability (in Ukrainian). KTI-PRINT: Kyiv, 2007 (monograph).
3. On a skew stable Lévy process (with A. Pilipenko), Stochastic Processes and their Applications, 156 (2023), 44-68.
4. On the derivative martingale in a branching random walk (with D. Buraczewski and B. Mallein), Annals of Probability, 49, no. 3 (2021), 1164-1204.
5. On nested infinite occupancy scheme in random environment (with A. Gnedin), Probability Theory and Related Fields, 177, no. 3-4 (2020), 855-890.
6. Functional limit theorems for renewal shot noise processes with increasing response functions. Stochastic Processes and their Applications. 123, no. 6 (2013), 1987-2010.
7. On distributional properties of perpetuities (with G. Alsmeyer and U. Roesler), Journal of Theoretical Probability. 22, no. 3 (2009), 666-682.
8. The Bernoulli sieve revisited (with A. Gnedin, U. Roesler and P. Negadailov), Annals of Applied Probability. 19, no. 4 (2009), 1634-1655.
9. A probabilistic proof of a weak limit law for the number of cuts needed to isolate the root of a random recursive tree (with M. Moehle), Electronic Communications in Probability. 12 (2007), 28-35.
10. Elementary fixed points of the BRW smoothing transforms with infinite number of summands, Stochastic Processes and their Applications. 114, no. 1 (2004), 27-50